|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Jung Ho-seok (정호석) known by his stage name J-Hope (제이홉) is a South Korean rapper. He is a lead rapper, main dancer and member of BTS. J-Hope has been described by BTS's choreographer as the best dancer of BTS.
J-Hope has attended Global Cyber University, where he majored in broadcasting performing arts. He has one sibling, an older sister named Jung Da Won. Dancing has been J-Hope's dream since he was a child. His solo song "MAMA" on 2016's album Wings describes how his mother unconditionally encouraged his dream, even when it drove his family into some debt and required her to go work abroad.
"Time travel to 2006, crazed for dancing, pinched my mom’s purse / When my dad opposed but I practiced every day / She supported me and the pieces of my dream / But I didn’t know my mom’s big contribution wasn’t a shortcut but a path to a dream that resulted in debt / (Always) the problem is money (Go away) so my mom ended up working overseas
Over the phone, my mom’s voice that I hear is clear / What I remember is my mom’s strength back then was my curve ball / For real / I was determined to be successful / With that one promise I became the son I am now"===== -- BTS- MAMA, Wings 2016. ===== Before BTS, J-Hope was a street dancer in the group NEURON. He was accepted to Bighit in December 2010, joining RM and Suga- who had moved in to the Bighit dorms in August and November respectively- as part of the Bangtan lineup.
In November 2014, J-Hope was cyberbullied via a hashtag saying that J-Hope does not deserve to be in the band and he should get kicked out as soon as possible. J-Hope tweeted “Late at night when everyone is asleep, this is J-Hope. I was monitoring myself and practicing my dance for the first time in a while, and I’m feeling a lot of things.. I’m really lacking still… I feel like I should work harder, so I’m tweeting a fighting tweet. Fighting, Hope!” The other BTS members showed their support by tweeting in defense of him and trying to cheer him up by posting funny and encouraging pictures. Fans showed their support by tweeting and commenting on J-Hope’s social media accounts, and making the hashtag #JHopeYourePerfect trend on twitter, which was a success.
See also: BTS Discography
See also: BTS Unofficial songs
- 1 Verse (2015)
|2014||100 Choice, Best Ramyun||MBC||Guest (Ep.6)|
|2015||My Pet Clinic||-||Guest with Jimin and V (Ep.6)|
|2016||Star King||SBS||Guest with V (Ep.433)|
|Same Bed, Different Dreams||Guest (Ep.46)|
|Star King||Guest with RM and Jimin (Ep.447)|
|God’s Workplace||Guest with Jimin (Pilot Episode)|
|2017||Top 3 Chef King||Guest with Jin (Ep.68)|
|2018||PON!||Nippon TV||Guest with Jimin (Episode February 7)|
|2016||Inkigayo||SBS||Special host with V (Ep.869)|
|Music Bank||KBS 2TV||Special host with Jungkook (Ep.858)|
|2017||M Countdown||Mnet||Special host with RM and Jimin (Ep.543)|
- 2 Cool 4 Skool
- Skool Luv Affair
- Dark & Wild
- Danger — writing, composer
- War of Hormone — writing, composer
- Hip Hop Lover — writing, composer
- Let Me Know — writing, composer
- Rain — writing, composer
- BTS Cypher Pt.3: Killer — writing, composer
- Can You Turn Off Your Phone? — writing, composer
- Embarrassed — writing, composer
- 24/7 = Heaven — writing, composer
- Look Here — writing, composer
- So 4 More — writing, composer
- The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1
- The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 2
- The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever
- You Never Walk Alone
- He is the third oldest in the band BTS
- His Zodiac sign is Aquarius
- J-Hope has an older sister
- His hobbies are listening to music and window shopping
- He chose the name “J-Hope” as his stage name because he wants to be a source of light and hope to his fans
- His favorite color is green
- His favorite number is 7
- He hates exercising/working out
- He loves kimchi
- His favorite season is Spring
- He is really bad at drawing
- He has a dog called Mickey
- He used to have a girlfriend before debut, but he already broke up with her
- His favourite subject in school is Music
- He speaks Korean, English, Chinese and Japanese
- His role models are G-Dragon of BIGBANG, A$AP Rocky, J.Cole, and Beenzino
- He is the protagonist of the "Boy Meets Evil" short film
- His solo song from the WINGS album is "Mama"
- If he could introduce his sister to a member, he would introduce her to Jungkook.
| To view the J-Hope gallery, click here.